Ntrox Course

Go down 
AuthorMessage
richieoflynn

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Ntrox Course   Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:30 am

Please read below to see the latest email from Greg Hanna, BSAC. We can discuss any issues tonight at Roberts Cove. Anyone that still hasn't paid, please bring money asap.

Cheers Richie,

Where about in Cork are yea all? In the sense of booking B&B hotel etc? Is it just as safe to book something like the Ibis at the tunnel roundabout?

On the cost front, I am going to bury Roys travel costs in as a regional meeting and one of his nights accommodation as well so that HQs pays the bill. Roy has the furthest to travel so will help keep the cost down a little.

For Keith, Andy & I we are happy enough to just have our petrol paid. The other costs will be the accommodation & subsistence which we will just add up and divide by the 22. Cost wise depending on the unknowns should be around 75 going to try to keep it under the 100 if at all possible with the packs cost for HQ being almost 55 before we even start. When we run it in the North it normally works out 70. We can keep the cost down by getting some of the lads to making up sandwiches & doing home made tea coffee etc.

Gas & cylinder wise, I am hoping that we can borrow enough stages for free.

For the students for the diving day (Sunday), they will need basic kit, plus Delayed Surface Marker Buoys and Reels, Dive Slates, One 12lt cylinder + pony cylinders or Twin Set etc.

For the teaching day students will need a calculator & pens etc.

For the lectures do we have a room for the Saturday with a data projector? Or do we need to bring down a projector and screen?

Sorry for the disjointed mail, typing as I think.

Oh and whats your contact number, I will give you a buzz either tonight or tomorrow on the other bits

Greg
Back to top Go down
http://www.autoquip.ie
richieoflynn

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Ntrox Course   Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:47 am

I spoke to Greg today. He is coming down on Friday night and is hoping to begin the class at 9am Saturday morning and will probably go 'til about 5. This will take place upstairs in Mark's dive shop.

Dive site for Sunday's 2 dives hasn't be decided but a decision on this can be made on Saturday once we have an idea on the weather etc. All we need is a dive site with 15 - 20m depth and as sheltered as possible.

Everyone is to have a reel, dsmb and slate - wrist slate or flat 1 page jobbie will do. I know it's short notice but I only found out yesterday. Mark has a few in the shop for sale and I will lend the 2 I have. If you have access to a pony bottle then get it because we could be short. Bring in any bottles you need to be filled on Saturday morning so Mark can have them ready. Everyone needs to bring a calculator, pens and paper.

If anyone is out at the weekend diving, practice deploying a dsmb midwater. Apparently this was the main problem area for guys on the last course so try not to get caught with this one.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Over and out...

Richie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.autoquip.ie

Ntrox Course
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Coast Divers Forum :: General Forum-
Jump to: