South Coast Divers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Coast Divers Forum

Scuba Dive Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richieoflynn

richieoflynn

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course Empty
PostSubject: Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course   Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course EmptySat May 05, 2007 3:31 am

Hello divin' divers,

There's a course advertised in the BSAC magazine this month for a Combined nitrox course which qualifies a diver to use nitrox up to 40% for diving and up to 50% for decompression from a pony bottle / deco bottle.

I spoke to Greg Hanna, one of the top guys for BSAC in Ireland yesterday and he said that the course dates outlined in the magazine are being held in Cahir so it's not too far away. He said we could do the classroom session on the Saturday and do the dives at a later stage if we want. Alternatively, he said if we get the numbers e.g. 10-12 divers then he will arrange to come down to Cork to do the course with just our club which is probably a better idea. He reckons it won't cost more than € 100 which is pretty much feck all for what you'll get at the end. This wouldn't happen until the end of June / beginning of July.

There's no special gear requirements except for a pony / deco bottle with regs. He said he's got some deco rigs so can provide a few but I'm sure we'd easily make up some for the purpose of the course.

For detailed info. on the course see http://www.bsac.org/page/590/combined-nitrox-diver.htm

Anyone interested in doing the course let me know so I can get back to Greg next week and make arrangements.

Mighty stuff, dive safe Smile

Richie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.autoquip.ie
richieoflynn

richieoflynn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course   Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course EmptyTue May 15, 2007 8:33 am

Update for Nitrox Course :

Greg Hanna from BSAC got back to me about the course. The earliest he can run it is the 7/8th July and is free any weekend after that in July or August.

I have 18 people at the moment so he's not sure of the logistics so it will depend on whether he can get a couple of instructors involved as well.

I will ask him if it's possible to split the groups, maybe half in July and the other half in August. I'll see what he thinks.

To guarantee your place on the course I will need a € 50.00 deposit, pay me as soon as you can but no later than the end of the month. This is non-refundable so don't sign up unless you're definitely doing it. By then we should be well sorted with dates etc. If the courses are to be split it'll be first in with money gets on the first course.

There's no special gear requirements, students will need a standard 12litre cylinder and he will bring along some stage cylinders. Minimum qualification is Sports diver with 20+ dives.

Check here to see if you're name is on the list, if not let me know :

Dessie, Tony, Matt, Keith, Micky, Joost, Alf, Siobhan, Fox, Paulie, Barry, Brendan, Gemma, Una, Kieran, Grainne, Kay, Celia, Irene, Pawal and ME

Richie. affraid
Back to top Go down
richieoflynn

richieoflynn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course   Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course EmptyWed May 30, 2007 3:53 pm

Greg has given the go-ahead for the 11th and the 12th of August for the course.

He's gone to a lot of trouble to get 3 or 4 other instructors to come with him to help out. For that reason and so as not to be f**cing him around I will need full payment of €100 at the latest either on Thursday 19th July at Roberts Cove or Sunday the 22nd July where ever we'll be diving that day. Earlier is better if possible, €100 shouldn't leave anyone in financial trouble drunken

If the money isn't in by then, you're place is gone simple as that. I'll have to confirm numbers so he's not dragging instructors all over the country for people who can't get their act together. Plus it gives the club a bad name, I'm sure you'll all understand.

That's the job so, we're all set.

Richie.
Back to top Go down
Una
committee
Una

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Nitrox Course   Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course EmptyThu May 31, 2007 4:48 pm

Thanks Richie, well done on getting the course organised. Sorry, i won't be able to make that particular week-end, I already have something else booked. Hope it goes well for everyone.
Good Luck
Una
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsleyhotel.com
Tony Walsh

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course   Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi Richie I am definetely on for nitrox course see you Thursday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course   Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course Empty

Back to top Go down

Combined Nitrox / Advanced Nitrox Diver Course
Page 1 of 1